• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mesalamine Delayed Release Generic finally!

Mesalamine Delayed Release Tablets 800mg made by Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA, Pennington NJ are available now; my local CVS has them.

If there is anyone who successfully took Asacol, Delzicol and / or Pentasa for Crohn's who has made the change to this generic mesalamine please post your experience and dosage so far.

Hello!
Its a new year, a new prescription, so a new pre-authorization which has resulted in a conversion from lialda to a generic from zydus (which itself still required a pre-authorization..) 1.2g version it more or less the same look as lialda. If you look it up on zydus's website they are offering 2 formulations.

I received and opened my first bottle today, will take it for first time tomorrow. One thing I note is a very strong alcohol smell, almost like spilling a bottle of rubbing alcohol. where as Lialda coating/bottle has always smelt like generic bi-mart ibuprofen to me.

If i notice anything exciting from taking it will post again