• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mesalamine Enema and Bad Chest Pains

I take the Mesalamine enema and have been experiencing on and off chest pains since taking it. I woke up today and have had chest pains last the entire day. I would think it can't be the Mesalamine as its just an enema so its not strong enough to affect my heart.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
If you are having chest pains you should be oing to the ER and getting checked out- they are NOt anything to mess with especially if this is somethin new. Do the pains radiate anywhere - down an arm, any difficult breathing etc...I don't mean to alarm you, but a friend of mine died not long ago after having chest 'pain' for a day - she went in to rest and her husband found her deceased.....heart attack that was not recognized.

It's the mesalamine, I took those meds pill form . I also experience chest pains and back pain. Stop taking them , I do turmeric, and boswella pills. Don't believe in taking those meds