• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Met the New GI today

I had my appt. with the new GI today. He's getting all of the biopsy slides from my old GI and my gallbladder to send off to Memphis to a GI pathology lab.

He says it's curious that I'm responding to Questran, but all of my other Crohn's tests came back negative. He doesn't seem to be so convinced.

I hope this is a good sign that he's going to figure me out.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Great stuff! You could finally get some answers. Hopefully the test show something. Keep in mind it still could come back normal. Most docs tend to not get the exact spot to take a biopsy or not enough. It can play hide & seek. Took me a full year and many hospital visits so dont be discouraged. Sounds like your new Gi will find the answers for you good luck, tell us the results ok? :hang:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
What is questran? Does it only work for IBD? Hope your GI figures out your symptoms.
Questran is Cholestyramine, it is for some of us to get the bowels to slow down the D...although it doesnt work for everyone, but for most it is a relief. Imodium should be avoided, only a temporary or once in a blue moon fix.

yeah, Imodium did nothing for me. I'm on the Cholestyramine and Lomotil along with some other meds and it finally slowed things down enough that I'm not on the verge of messing myself. If I eat foods that don't agree with me though, all bets are off.

It is definitely a good patch for the situation until a better solution is found.

allieinwonder

I hope your new GI can help you out! Having a fresh eye on things can do wonders. Make sure he understands EVERYTHING you are going through though...with test results normal, and not much info to go on, docs can really underestimate the situation. That is no fun to go through as a patient!

From what I'm hearing, he's supposed to be one of the best in my immediate area.

Doing history with the nurse was interesting. It took at least a half an hour.

I do think that he's going to be dissappointed when he gets the slides from the biopsies of my inflammation. If I recall correctly, the old GI took only one sample of the tissue. I'm sure another colonoscopy is in my near future.