• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methetexrate

methetexrate

hi im new here

any one on methetexrate

ive just had my 4rth injection it seems to slowing my out put from my ilieostomy

but the side effects are terrible ie spaced out visual disturbance

any one else suffer the same

jim

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: Jim.....I just wanted to say hello. I have never been on Methotrexate, but I have heard others complain about it's side effects....There are many threads about it on here if you are curious. Good luck.

I had the tabs.... side effects from the word go, even on the low starting dose. Basically I'd sleep the two following days even if I was in a vertical position, it was like being in a zombie state. Brain function was way down, I couldn't function, really. GI told me people tend to loose about 10 - 20% brain function/brightness and often change their job/role to cope with the impact. As a software hacker by trade I just can't afford for that to happen and I was taken off it - and I dont feel I'm back to normal even after 4 months after.
Horrible stuff. If that's what is happening to you ask to change.