• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate 1 mL 25 mg dose

Methotrexate 1 mL 25 mg dose passed out

Is anyone taking their first 25 mg 1 mL Shotta methotrexate, and felt out of it tired or just passed out? Curious what happened to me this morning When I got to work.

Last edited:

KWalker

Sorry nobody has replied yet. This must have slipped by me while I was browsing the forums. Did you actually pass out or just get extremely tired?

When I was taking the methotrexate I often got tired/drowsy with headaches so I always took it at night but it definitely never made me pass out.

I can't remember he had so many other reactions to methotrexate, I don't know if it made him tired or he was still so tired from the anemia. Hope you get your energy back soon

Yes I did pass out , it was more like extreme tiredness and a drunk feeling when I came to, and had to get help to a couch to sleep it off for 4hours.

KWalker

Hmm, I personally don't have any experience with that extreme of a side effect. I would call the doctor and get his/her advice regarding that to be safe. I would hate for something bad to be happening

Yes I did, it was a double dose from 12.5 mg to 25 of the injection. Doctor thought it was because if blood sugar. But keep in mind I injected with humira 2 days prior. But getting zonked out in methotrexate is strange?

I'm also on 40mg of pred a day along with pentasa 500mg.

AZMOM

Are you taking your injection in the evening? It does "knock out" our daughter. So, it's always best just before bed. This was the doc's recommendation as well.

J.

When I started taking it, it would knock me out as well. Not physically pass out but once I was sleeping I would not wake up. The first time I took it, I slept for 16hrs straight. The nights that I take it I don't even hear my son waking up. Therefor I make sure my hubby is home and only take it at night before bed. It is getting better though, it seems to be less everytime and I've been on it for just over 2mnths.