• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate and lightheaded?

I am just wondering if anyone has had this while on metho injections. I have only done two injections the past two Fridays. However, today I have been off. Starting with this morning I had a migraine, then took a migraine pill at 5am. When I got up at 7am I was okay, but got real dizzy and passed out soon after. I have been on these migraine pills for over a year. I only take them when I feel a bad headache coming on. I have never passed out with them before. I am not one to pass out frequently, it's been years (pregnancy was my last pass out).

One similarity is that with both Humira and Cimzia I lived lightheaded 24/7. I never actually passed out, but couldn't go anywhere because the lightheaded feeling came on at a random all hours of the day. I felt like I was in a fog all the time. This is how I felt today...so worried about the similarities here.

Any thoughts?

I see my doctor next Tuesday and will discuss, but wanted to know if anyone had this reaction/side effect with methotrexate.

Thanks!

nogutsnoglory

I deal with the lightheaded dizzy prob and it hadn't just been with methotrexate. I have no idea what causes it but I feel your pain. It's very disabling.