• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate and Motion Sickness

Happy New Year everyone! I have a weird question. I am on methotrexate orally for both my RA and crohns. I take 25mg a week and have been on it for at least 2 years. I have noticed in the past year that my motion sickness has gotten worse. I know this sounds weird but since the med can make you nauseous, I wondered if it could make me more prone to nausea than I used to be when in motion. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Thanks!

nogutsnoglory

In terms of dealing with nausea from Methotrexate "There is a report that acupressure devices used to reduce motion sickness may help." http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/466325

There could be a connection. Have you tried the motion sickness wrist bands? They seem silly but my cousin was unable to go anywhere till he wore them.