• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate and Painful Lymph Nodes

Hi all,

I've been on methotrexate for about a month and a half now, and in the last week started getting swollen, tender lymph nodes - first my neck, now one in my groin. Wasn't concerned about the former, but the inguinal node is a first for me. It's small, firm, and tender to touch. Anyone experience something similar? Should I just watch and wait? Don't want to sound like I'm over-reacting, just a little gun-shy from previous reactions.

I have the same at the moment I am on methotrexate and have had a constant swollen lymph node in my neck but some drs disagree that is what it is. But I believe it is a lymph node as I spoke to my GP who has been in his job a long time and is very experienced. I'm waiting to have an ultrasound to have a look what's going on in there and I'm going to see my GI next Friday.
I would deffinatley let your GI know so they can have a look and see what's goin on. Good luck