• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate and Pentasa

L

lolita

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows whether you can ever stop taking maintenance drugs, like Pentasa, if you're on methotrexate? It's not like the Pentasa is a problem, but I could be ok with taking 8 fewer pills per day :)

always best to check with your doctor so they at laest know what you want to do.

i personally told my doctor that i was starting to come of meds untill i found the correct balance. been in a nice little remission for a while now on meth, and i didn't see the need for the rest of my meds. he was fine for me to do this as long as i was prepared to go back on them at the first sign of something going wrong.

Yes, there is a chance you can stop taking Pentasa. My son is on both along with a whole bunch of other meds, but he will be going for an endoscope, colonoscopy, and pillcam the end of the month, and she says IF everything is starting to look good (cross my fingers) she will take him off the Pentasa. So there is a chance you can too, but first check with your doctor before stopping....