• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate

S

Shane

I've just had my appointment through for my first Methotrexate injection for Wednesday 17th. My Consultant has said it could make me feel quite bad with nausea. Don't like the sound of that.

Any experiences of this treatment will be most welcome.

S

shoe_fanatic708

Ive had Methotraxate shots before...its been a few years. No big deal though :) You might feel a little bit nauseous, but it really just depends on the individual. I felt it a little bit, but as I said before, no big deal.

Have you thought of the possibility of trying the methotrexate pills instead? I currently take those, and they dont make you feel too nauseous - just make sure you eat something with them =]

S

Shane

Thanks Shoe Fanatic. Feel a little better about it now. I've only been told about injection, but I will enquire about the pills when I go for first shot.

S

Shane

Had first Methotrexate injection this afternoon. No problems, have only felt a little nausea so far.

Still not sure when starting Infliximab.