• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate?

Don't see a lot of threads on it, so just wondering what people's experiences have been. Was on Imuran until just recently but that didn't work out. I'm not terribly concerned about the teratogenic effects, as it is extremely unlikely I'd be trying for a family any time within the next few years.

What I'm curious about mostly is:
- Effectiveness (including time period to start of effect)
- Most commonly experienced side effects
- Route of administration and pro/con for either (seems to be either oral or SC)

ETA: Sorry, didn't realize there was a subforum specifically for this drug, still working my way around the site - mod please feel free to move if necessary

Hello I'm currently on methotrexate I started it last October and it took untill january of this year to become effective so you have to sick with it a while. I take the tablet and have to take 10 at 2.5mg every Monday and 2 folic acid tablets on the friday. I find this the easiest way to remember as its folic acid Fridays and methotrexate Mondays. I haven't tried the injection but I used me on humira and it wasn't so bad injecting yourself but the first few times you really have to build up the courage to do it after that it becomes easy. Hope this helps x