• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate

Hi everyone, I started on Methotrexate last week (second dose today) and I have been feeling really cold (like from the inside out) and was really aching during the night of the first dose. Anyone else felt like this or am I imagining it. I am usually quite warm and enjoy 'personal summers' (ladies of a certain age will know what I mean !) Not due for blood test till end of next week and see consultant week after that.

I am on MTX and havent had anything like that, not to say that others havent just my experience. I did feel generally junky for a day after taking it, but now I pre med with Ondansetron and all is good.

I would always feel "crappy" for a day or so after each dose of MTX - I tried the shots and the pills. I was always nauseated which I hated and then felt kind of "crohnsie" for a day or so.

Edit: forgot to add that taking the dose before bedtime seemed to help with the nausea/dizzy thing.

Last edited:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I found if you are tire, hungry or in pain you feel cold. I had my Methotrexate in the summer months so I never noticed/

Crohns Hobo you are on a lot of meds!

Well hopefully will be off the Pred. in another 2 weeks. I am droping 10 mg a day. Then it will just be the Metho and Humira.

But since being diagnosed I have been on 8 different meds over the course of 14 years. But I have been able to avoid any surgery in that time.