• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Might have caught something while on preds

I have been on prednisolone for about 3 months now. I have been having sore throat on and off for the past 3 months now but the doctors has mentionned repeatedly that it looked like an inflamed throat but no infection.

Yesterday, I ended up having throat pain worse than usual and a body temp of around 100.3F. I am currently on 10mg prednisolone and I have checked my throat and no signs of infection (Got quite good with self diagnosis due to repeated doctor visits).

I have been to my GI and Doctor regarding this nearly 8-10 times. Should i just wait it out? I currently have a temp of 99.1F.

Scipio

If the throat is getting sharply painful I'd have a doc look at it. it may have moved on from some standard viral infection to a nasty bacterial infection that needs to be treated.

I have caught Hand Foot Mouth disease :(. I had to go to the doctor 3 times before I got a diagnosis. I read it takes 7-10 days for it to go on its own with any medication. Considering I am on prednisone 10mg, should I drop it to 5mg and give my immune system a boost? I am honestly annoyed having to deal with Crohn's disease, Weakened Immune system and now this. :'(