• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mish2575 Story - finally

I wrote up my story, finally:

I am 39. Wife & Mom of two small children. Work FT.
Diagnosed in 2001.
Been on Asacol since diagnosis.
Started Remicade in 2001 to help my draining rectal fistula.
Developed Psoriasis in 2005.
Developed immunities to Remicade in 2009 and switched to Humira.
Developed Episcleritis in 2011
While pregnant with my 2nd child in 2011, I halted the Humira for my 3rd trimester and for however long I would breastfeed.
I developed severe Hidradenitis in the genital area - up through my tailbone. I was given Dilaudid for the pain, but it didn't help. It was horrible.
It only slightly ebbed after the birth of the baby and after 3 more months I could no longer stand the pain and had to stop breastfeeding to get back on Humira.
The Hidradenitis lessened but is still there. I continually have 3-10 boils at all times in different stages.
It was also discovered in 2013 that I had "numerous communicating fistulae".
Since I had also developed depression (my gut told me it was the Humira even though my GI disagreed) we both agreed I could go off Humira to test the waters.
My depression lifted 1 week after my missed dose. . . that is no coincidence.
My Hidradenitis and Episcleritis, though, have gotten worse.
I'm currently on antibiotics to fight the Hidradenitis (they have never helped my fistulas)