• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mistreated based on calprotectin

Hello

I starting crying yesterday, because I have just realized that I have been misstreated/lack of treatment for my crohns.

For the last couple of years I have been feeling "ok" (fatigued, skinproblems and random loose stools) however, my Calprotectin
have always been over 400-700 and the doctors I have been have said that this is normal at least as I feel pretty ok. Crohns is a
chronic condition so there will always be inflammation meaning elevated calprotectin.

This has lead to a very mild treatment with entocort. After colonoscopys and biopsys the doctors always said I was a mild case.

But when I got pyoderma gangrenosum AND scarring folliculitis I got sever shock/trauma. I want to sue the hell out of them for
not paying attention and caring for me and getting the inflammation down. I´ve read up on calprotectin now and
normal is under 50 and that´s that. How can the doctors "let" me walk around with 500-700 and not treating me? I always
thought that was normal. Isn´t there a solid guideline which tells the doctors that they need to bring the value down?