• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MMS guy jailed

Just saw this in the news and had to come and share. I don't know how many here will remember the discussions about MMS (miracle mineral solution). But someone has just been convicted for selling the stuff as a miracle cure. http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/seller-miracle-mineral-solution-convicted-marketing-toxic-chemical-miracle-cure

Evidence at trial showed that Smith operated a business called “Project GreenLife” (PGL) from 2007 to 2011. PGL sold a product called “Miracle Mineral Supplement,” or MMS, over the Internet. MMS is a mixture of sodium chlorite and water. Sodium chlorite is an industrial chemical used as a pesticide and for hydraulic fracking and wastewater treatment. Sodium chlorite cannot be sold for human consumption and suppliers of the chemical include a warning sheet stating that it can cause potentially fatal side effects if swallowed.
How horrible!

Strangely didn't we have someone on the forums saying it helped them? If their symptoms were caused by pathogens it could possibly be wiping them out - along with nearly everything healthy in their intestines. Not a great therapy but still interesting.

Just like HIV apparently has been shown to cause remission of Crohn's, but you don't really want to go out and get HIV do you?

I have used MMS on several occasions for various reasons. Obviously I am still alive. My wife has also used it also.

This method of treatment was banned from this site some time ago.

I don't know if this just means positive comments are not allowed or if that policy has changed. I would have expected a moderator to shut down the thread by now.

Maybe some clarification is needed.

HIV suppresses the immune system in a similar way as medications but not in a controlled way. Not a good option.

Dan

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
It's more just sharing the news story D Bergy. I know there are some mixed feelings on MMS but you're right in that the site does not promote it's use. If discussions about this story gear towards promoting this product then the thread will be closed.