• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moaning...

Just fancied a moan if thats ok on here :-( (fed up of moaning to my partner lol)

Got up at 9.30 am after a rough nights sleep even though ive managed to get sleeping tablets. Went straight to the toilet and felt fully relieved. So though id try n goto the gym! Literally 5minutes into my workout i end up on the toilet for 20mins with uncrontrollable diarrhoea:-(. Restarted my leg workout and after 10mins had to abandon it and do a gentle walk as my knees and ankles started to flare up again badly..they go cold to touch and lose feeling in them! Really getting to me last few weeks as i was a solid 235lbs and fit as hell...now im down to 200lbs feeling skinny but with a bloated/distended gut hanging out lol!! Whinge over sorry

scottsma

Dave,you don't need me to tell you it's your bodies way of telling you to ease up a bit.
I know it's really hard when your mind's telling you to keep going,and you just can't do it.
Don't beat yourself up,at least you're trying.

I know :-(. Just find it so difficult because since i was a kid ive always been competitive..fit and put everything into things i do. Always learnt to train past the pain barrier as to speak lol...but i think this is a barrier too far lol

scottsma

Just a thought,but would you find it easier to go to the gym later in the day?
Maybe just have light meals ,then your main meal after a workout.