• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mold affecting Crohn's?

I do admit to bring a fairly messy person but I am fairly organized and I am who I am, even though it may drive my bf and mother crazy!:)

I cleaned out my car for spring cleaning and looked underneath the car seats on the floor and under 3 of them, 2 specifically, there was a great growth of mold there hidden underneath and I have not looked underneath there for at least a year. The mod is green and white and really disgusted and scared me.

I have been having symptoms of a flare since December, the worst being the extreme extreme fatigue, and am curious as whether the mold could be causing this instead of crohns ( although have all the crohns flare up signs) or if the mod could have exasperated and caused a flare up?

I have no experience with mold, just the realization and knowledge it can make you sick so am wondering if spending 5 hours a week in the mold for at least 6-12 months can make me more sick. Am just wondering if this effected/effecting my crohns at all( I am getting my car detailed this week thank god!)