• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mom, new member need support

My son is only 18 was diagnosed at 16 with Crohn's and now there saying he has UC too from the C-Diff. I feel like I'm watching my child slip away, the grief is just surfacing.

Has anyone else had trouble clearing the C-diff disease with Crohn's? the doctor said he got UC from it, they can't do his next colonoscopy until he clears the C-Diff.

There seems to be quite a few people who have had trouble with C-diff. Is he on flagyl now for the C-Diff? I'm sure some other parents will be along shortly who have had more experience with it, we have been lucky so far.
Welcome to the forum Kinsey. Lots of support can be found here. Sorry your son is having to go through all this.

Kinsey,

I am so sorry to hear what you son has been through. Welcome to the forum. I hope we can give you support. I love this site and have found so much great info.

My daughter (age 14)has IBD too. Our GI often checks for C.diff, since it is very common for people to get it.

One treatment I have heard about that is outside the box (if antibiotics will not clear it up) is a fecal transplant. Even if it sounds funny, it has been VERY effective. It is a one time process for C.diff.

Tesscorm

Staff member
I'm so sorry your son's illness has brought you here. :( But, I'm glad you've found this forum, there are many parents and members who can offer you support, advice and knowledge!

It's heartbreaking to see your child sick :cry:, my son is also 18 and was diagnosed at 16. It's breaking my heart but, today, he will be having his first remicade infusion. As hard as it is, without the support and advice I've received here, I would be lost! A very interesting thread was recently started about parents dealing with their child's IBD; I think you may find it comforting to know we all understand your worries and grief. Here is a link: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47285

What is your son's current treatment? How is he feeling? From your post, I am assuming that his current treatment isn't working very well for him. If you can provide more details, I have no doubt that someone here has knowledge and experience to share with you, as well as other ideas to explore.

I'm sure you know it can take time to find the right treatment for each person and it can take time. But, meantime, there's nothing more heartbreaking that seeing your child suffer and not be able to fix it. But, his situation can/will improve!! Here's are two links to the success stories posted here:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=27079
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Please also look through the treatment section of the forum; you'll find subforums for all types of treatments and lots of information.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from lots of other parents! You will find incredible support here, feel free to ask questions!

:ghug:

EDIT - Oops, lots of other posts already came through while I was typing :)

Thank you for soooooooooo much support! All of you. The fecal transplant is most likely next, he gets tested on Monday for the C-Diff for the last time. I just can't believe that he can possible have UC now from the C-Diff. I will keep you posted. Blessed be to all of you and your love ones and thank you for Welcoming me into this community! Kinsey:soledance:

my little penguin

Staff member
Hi and welcome.
My girl had c diff and the interesting thing is my hubby and I feel that is caused her colitis.
Did your GI say is caused this?