• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mood changes

Hi everyone,
I've been on Prednisone for the past two months, since I got out of the hospital, but I am currently tapering down. I started with 40 mg, and I am now at 15 mg. Recently, I've been very down/upset, and I feel like there is nothing to look forward to. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, but I have my finals coming up for school (senior year of HS) and I might be stressed from that as well. I just wanted to see if there's anyone that feels in a similar mood and if you think the steroids might be contributing to this. Thanks!

This disease is very hard, physically and mentally. Steroids are likely not helping :( Sorry you have to deal with this so young

I am sorry your having a rough time!
Its not a great time to feel bad with your finals, I hope you
feel better soon and do well on your finals.

Lauren

It could be from pred but if you do not feel better when pred is done i suggest you speak with your doc. I am sorry you feel this way and hope you feel better soon

Hi everyone,
I've been on Prednisone for the past two months, since I got out of the hospital, but I am currently tapering down. I started with 40 mg, and I am now at 15 mg. Recently, I've been very down/upset, and I feel like there is nothing to look forward to. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, but I have my finals coming up for school (senior year of HS) and I might be stressed from that as well. I just wanted to see if there's anyone that feels in a similar mood and if you think the steroids might be contributing to this. Thanks!
That's exactly how I feel at the moment nothing excites me like it use to!

fuzzy butterfly

Hi im not on meds but i feel pretty numb mentaly most of the time. Not much if anything gets me really giddy anymore. Iv a grandchild due in june and even tho im happy im not like i should be. Just find enthusiasium is a thing of the past all seems like too much effort.
Hugs to all 💕