• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moods

Ok, does anyone know or suspect, does Imuran affect our mood too? Maybe it's just the Crohn's in general, maybe it's just that today is Monday, possibly I suppose since I am a woman that there could be other hormones in play as well, but gosh, my mood seems to turn south so easily and often lately....which is just not me.

Spooky1

i find i have some impossible moods, mind full moon just coming up. imuran made me pukey, but can't say it made me moody. i think i read on here somewhere that seratonin and the starts of its creation begin in the gut somewhere. so poss then there is a little issue with lack of seratonin if the gut lining is damaged. i'm not sure, but hell i'm moody too. menopause seriously isn't helping either.

best wishes to you though

Yes, I am in the lovely in between with menopause, ain't it grand? Thanks, Spooky, and the best wishes to you as well!

Cheryl, I am really glad to see someone ask this question as I am wondering the same thing too but trying hard not to moan about it when the symptoms are mostly undercontrol but moods are all over the place ! Am also trying to figure out if it's the Crohn's, the impending colonoscopy or the drug ...but some very mixed emotions happening .

Kat-y, maybe we will never completely figure it out, but we have each other to vent/talk to....love this site! Yes, it makes me feel bad to complain too, so many others have it worse than me. But just don't feel myself.

Keep hoping this is just a bump in the road, but sometimes not complaining makes for frustration and its a vicious circle . It's hard to explain that you don't feel right, I think low energy levels pull me down so much and that makes me unhappy. But when symptoms are being mostly managed we should be grateful, right ? It is a relief to come out and say it on a forum where you don't feel guilty for piling it friends and family. Glad I logged on today :)