• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moody and frustrated

I have had crohns colitis for over 10 years and still don’t feel like I understand my triggers or off limits foods. It seems so random when flares occur. The frustration causes me to be moody and short tempered at times and it’s all so exhausting. I’m on Humira but still have off days or weeks sometimes with symptoms. It seems there’s no straight answer on anything IBD related. Anyone else have flares while on a treatment ? Or any tips how to treat a mild flare to fix passing mucus, etc. ?
either way thanks for reading ! It’s hard to explain to people that don’t have IBD how consuming this can be Xoxo

How long have you been on Humira and what dose are you on? You might need an increase of your medication. You shouldn't be flaring if your inflammation is under control. Have you had any blood tests, level tests or fecal cal protectin tests to see if you have inflammation going? Sorry that you feel terrible. My son would not be completely well until his Remicade dosage was increased. You might want to follow up with your GI on that one.

How long have you been on Humira and what dose are you on? You might need an increase of your medication. You shouldn't be flaring if your inflammation is under control. Have you had any blood tests, level tests or fecal cal protectin tests to see if you have inflammation going? Sorry that you feel terrible. My son would not be completely well until his Remicade dosage was increased. You might want to follow up with your GI on that one.
I’ve been on it about 2 years bi weekly at the lowest dose. My last blood test was February but i go this week for my usual next blood test. I appreciate your response. I will see what the blood test says and hopefully it’s a simple tweak from there.

You definitely have lots of room for tweaking. It can make all the difference and you want to get on top of it before you have a full-flredged flare. Good luck and let us know when things change.