• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More eye problems?

This time it obviously isn't pink eye like the 2-3 other times! My eye has been red and itchy and burning, mostly only red at night but still. I do have allergies for the first time though, but my left eye is just bugging me to where it bothers me to wear contacts now. I'm only taking Lialda and Levsin though. Just started Levsin but even before that my eye was bugging me. It's been 7 days or so, so I know this time it's not pink eye. Anybody know what this is? lol

I'm going to eye doc for emergency eye appt tomorrow to get this figured out with my MEDICAID! Thank God for MEDICAID!

Nyx

I had a virus in both eyes - red, itchy, watery...very much like pink eye, but without the infection. Remarkably, the cure was putting natural tears in them every half an hour for a few days, then every hour for a few more days. Cleared them right up. Be careful though, I wound up developing a corneal ulcer because the virus caused pitting on my eye and it got severely infected :( It's been going on 9 weeks now and it's still not healed (getting there though, once they figured out what was going on).

Good luck with your appointment! Hope it's nothing serious :)

I don't get infections, just dry eye, but sometimes I have eye ache which is like a headache behind my left eye, but sometimes it's out to the temple, sometimes just under. :/ it's so annoying how many added little aliments cone with crohns isn't it. Hope it clears up for you soon, I'd try eye drops too. :)