• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More Formed Stools when I Eat "Bad" Foods

So I've been noticing something lately and I'm not sure if it is coincidence or what the correlation is.

But I feel like when I eat more recklessly (bigger meals, not being SUPER conscious of foods I know I digest well, eating out more, etc.), sometimes I end of up having really good, formed stools. Whereas usually I just have smaller soft ones with mucus and debris.

I've also been seeing an alternative health provider who has advised me to stay away from sugar and dairy, as even though these things don't seem to acutely bother me they could be causing some chronic issues.
It's been the same cycle where when I'm following the diet really well, my symptoms stay the same (not good), and then when I cheat or take a break from it, sometimes I get harder, more formed stools out of it...

The formed stools are usually accompanied with blood and some mucus or discomfort, so it's not like I feel totally great when this happens.

I just can't figure out what it means...

Anyone else experience anything similar?

It could just be more fiber, and larger meals. I find when I eat oatmeal (soluble fiber) that also helps to form stool. PS This is the only place I've ever talked about the consistency of bowel movements. :poop: