• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More great news!!

D

Donna

Ok, those that have been reading my posts know my living conditions aren't the best. I live above my mother-in-law who is obsessed with my son, and can't stand hers (my hubby). Between the two of them (her and my hubby) I am in a knot. She is making life difficult for me, and when he is home, it becomes magnified. And to make matters even worse, his sisters positively cannot stand me, and they make it known anytime they visit her.

Soooo....I vented here once about wanting to know what everyone would do in my case. Everyone said move on. So, with that kind of support, we decided that was what we would do.

Well, I also said I wanted to see what we could look for after I got my approval for disability. The next day, 4 months earlier than expected, I got the approval!!!!!

Then, my car is dying. So I need a new car. Applied for a loan, and got a high % rate. So I called to find out if we could get it lowered. Sure enough, they did (long story)!!!!! BY almost 4%!!!!!!!!

So, I applied to pre-qualify us for a home loan. Well, first I found out that our % wont be as high as I originally had been thinking...(we each had to file bankruptcy due to my having Crohn's and when I lost my job). I thought I was looking at something like 12%. Nope. We got pre-qualified for 7%!!!!!!! Anddddd....we are looking into a manufactured home, and this offer will allow us to get the home that we both fell in love with!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't normally get so excited, but it just seems like everything is finally snowballing in the uphill direction instead of into the melting muck at the bottom!!! I haven't had this kind of good luck in sooo long!!! Decades!!! I know there is something that will put a kicker on it, so I am waiting. And if not, and I am truly deserving of all this good luck, then whoooohoooooooo!!!!!

So now everyone rub my lil icon guy poopin in the cup for good luck!! Maybe it will rub off onto you!!!!!

Donna

K

k-t

Donna,

I'm so glad that things are happening for you at the moment!!!!

Ktxx

V

Valentina

hey Donna, sounds like things are all moving in the right direction so you can get your life on the track that it should be on! congrats, and good luck with all of it. and its all because its well deserved Im sure.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I am so glad to hear that everything is finally looking up! Things have happened and changed so fast .... it is almost like this inpredictable disease :D. I am glad that things are going so well though, and hope that you will be able to finally get into your own house soon.

M

Mickeyg

Isn't it amazing how things have a way of turning around when you least expect it? Have fun decorating the new house!