• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Morning nausea and vomiting, can't even keep water down, Crohn's or something else?

Since July I've been waking up most mornings with really bad nausea and I sometimes throw up straight away and it's just bile and sometimes food from like 12 hours before, sometimes It's triggered by just a few sips of water. I've been to my GP's twice and they've just given me cyclizine and all it really done at first was make me fall asleep in class... The nausea can last up to 10 hours after waking, I'm usually first able to eat a dinner time. Please don't say it's in my head from anxiety... My literal only stresser right now is the fact I wake up feeling nauseous and can't even get water down let a lone breakfast and Lunch, I've even tried just a small smoothie but I just can't keep it down. So has anyone else with Crohn's had this? The thing is bowel wise I feel the last 2 or 3 months have been quite settled in terms of diarrhoea and pain. I will be pursuing a gastric emptying study as I suspect gastroparesis (I threw up a sizeable amount of food I at the night before, the stomach should be completely empty after 4 hours). I'm currently waiting to see an IBD nurse, so until then I'm just trying to figure what could be going on to get a head start on tests. Thank you for any advice.

I used to have some similar symptoms. Whenever I woke up and drank water, i would feel nauseous and throw up.

I was then diagnosed with H Pylori infection and got treated with antibiotics for 2 weeks.

oh my god , this is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wake up around 3am feeling so nauseous. Shortly after, i will have loose stools.

I have come to close to throwing up but mainly I just wake up feeling sick.

I wish I had some remedy to offer you but I do not have anything,