• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mouth inflammation

Hi everyone,

I started 6-MP last Tuesday to go along with my Himira. I am down to 25 mg. Of prednisone and have the d u deer control. Took my Humira shot today, that went fine.

Over the past few days the roof of my mouth feels like I drank something too hot. I looked at it this evening and it looks angry. Bright red. No bumps. Just redness and it's really sore. Anyone experience this with 6MP?

I can't seem to catch a break lately,

Ann

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Ann - I get inflammation like that every now and then.....gums/mouth swollen.....I am also prone to cold sores (oh joy)......I try not to eat anything abasive when I have swelling, as the skin tends to be much more sensitive.....

Hope yours heals up soon - mine is usually like that for a few days.....

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I get that burnt feeling in my mouth whilst on Pred, can't say the 6mp did it to me because I was only on it for a week. Most likely when you taper it should go away but as I always say we are all different!