• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mouth ulcers and Tonsillitis

Alright my fellow spoonies, has anyone had mouth ulcers just in front of your tonsils on the bottom and on them while having Tonsillitis? Because man my throat is trying to kill me haha i dont think ive eaten much in the past week and a half and im gonna have to go to special k and ensure drinks soon if it gets any worse. Thanks for any imput! :)

Note: just looked at it again and it looks like i have small ulcer bumps forming on the back of my throat also.

Last edited:

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi Mini Mini,

I do also suffer from throat issue but its not ulcers. at he back of my throat I do have bumps, I have what is called a chronic granular pharyngitis. I am fallowed by an ENT doctor.

I would report those symptoms to your GI dr and if he/she believes this is not crohn's related, he/she should refer you to an ENT doctor. good luck.

Hey, lady.o, thanks for the response!
I thought that as a possibility but after looking on google of images of it, i dont think its that, the ulcers look like the ones i get on my inner lip only smaller. Thats why i think its related. Also my crohn's is active right now so everything is going nuts :ybatty: haha

Lady Organic

Staff member
try to take pictures with a flash light to improve image, just in case the ulcers go away before your next appointment. I believe some steroid mouth washes do exist, good luck.

I went today and the 3 that were bleeding healed up a tick, they killed my tonsils for a culture to see if anything weird is in there, got put on a high dose of amoxicillin for 10 days, she said its very inflamed and angry in there and that i have chest congestion, she's hoping we caught the congestion in time so it doesn't develop into bronchitis, but by my barking cough and the way i feel, it might be getting there already. Lol oh well, such is life. My bf is giving me his magic mouthwash and lidocaine to help numb my throat so it doesnt hurt so much.

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Sounds similar to strep throat. I used to get it and tonsillitis often before I finally had my tonsils removed. I even tested positive for type C strep (supposedly gotten from farm animals, I was in art school not on a farm) when most places really only check if you have the more common forms (type A or B). Since I had my tonsils removed a few years ago I haven't had ANY infections or even a sore throat. You have to be sick from strep or tonsillitis etc many times a year before entertaining having them removed. Gargling salt water is miserable but helps.