• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moving from Remi to Humira......

......and in a ####load of pain, still 5 weeks before the new Rx.

And my GI doesn't like to give out pain meds, and i don't know what to do or expect. 3 ER visits in the last 3 months...they dont admit me or do much at all....I'm just frustrated.

New to the forums so lemme know if this belongs somewhere else.

Diagnosed UC in 2001
Diagnosed Crohn's in 2004
30 mg Prednisone daily
just switched from zoloft to Cymbalta(sp?)
Remi every 6 weeks (last dose 12/28/11)
Moving to Humira in 6 weeks

Hi VenomousDuck (was going to use initials but no!)

I take it the Remicade wasn't working? Sorry you have a narrow minded G.I. Might be worth finding a general doc to prescribe you some pain meds. They are necessary at times like these. Ouch.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope the Humira works well for you.

I've been on Remi for about four years. It was meh at first, moved from 8 week cycle to 6, did ok for a while, now im back to constant pain and steroids.

Have had endoscopy and colonoscopy in last 6 wks....with the steriods both came out ok.

No idea why im having pain issues...age maybe? I'm almost 40 and got diagnosed 11 years ago....could be my body is just exhausted.