• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moving to Acceptance

I must admit the only time i come on here is when im in pain. I was diagnosis with crohns around 6 years ago and have had a hard time accepting this.

I was in remission for 2 years and stop taking meds. I thought what do they know? And came up with my own treatment plan. I have a gut felling that all the crap they put in foods to make profits is causing us to be sick. The enviroment has changed and we dont eat they way generations past have.

Maybe we are the few that our bodies have not caught up with change...
Ok my pain today is elevated white blood cells, sweat at night, my stomach speeks every frog language known to man and im thinking about naming him.
and now my sciatica is acting up. Tomorrow i see my GI dr. He needs to change my meds. They just arent working anymore. He has me on the same thing and i had 3 flare ups last 2 yrs. This has worked for me before but not anymore.

MEDICATION:
Pentasa 500mg 3x day
VITAMIN D/C

nogutsnoglory

I agree that I believe all these illnesses are due to our environment (chemicals) in food and products triggering genes to act in this fashion.

I hope they find a new medicine that will keep you in check.

I completely agree. The food at my college ruined me. Absolutely ruined me. From day one I lost weight eating it. Then a year and a half in I had a flare after being off meds for SIX YEARS!!! The effected me so badly that I am off the meal plan. Took me months to recover with meds. My doc then started to taper me off of prednisone and once I got down to 2.5 mg flared again. Probably because my meds were just masking my symptoms and I had not achieved remission yet

Thanks for the part about the frog language! Maybe that's why I like to swim. It's the frogs trying to escape! Haha! Actually swimming seems to help me, something about floating... we need more pools!

Glad to see you here and hope to see you again, not just when you're in pain! :ghug:

Last edited: