• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moviprep side effects

I have to have another colonoscopy soon and I am dreading the prep. The last time I had one I took Moviprep and I think I had a ton of side effects. To say I was miserable would be a big understatement. The pills tasted like some sort of cleaner and I vomited at least half of it back up. I also got really bad shakes and a slight temperature. Do these sound like side effects? Has anyone else experienced anything like this when on Moviprep? I plan to avoid it this time but if it was just a freak occurrence maybe I'll try again.

Pills? When I had Moviprep it was a powder to be dissolved in water. And yes it did taste bad! If you look up colonoscopy prep it should give up you some hints how to get it down without vomiting!

As for the temperature and shakes, I didn't experience that. I guess it could be from dehydration or low blood sugar. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluid like water or fruit juice in between taking the prep. I aimed for one glass of prep followed by a fruit juice chaser to take the taste away. It has the additional benefit of helping clean you out too, so you may not need all the prep once you are running clear.

I had a temperature and shakes with MoviPrep, but also with other colon clean-outs, so I vote for dehydration as the culprit.

I've done the colon prep 8 times using 5 different agents, and 3 times with no bad effects and 5 with a variety of things.