• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Moviprep

Went to see my IBD nurse on Friday to have my Infliximab, and he told me I would be having my 3rd colonoscopy in July/August and then possibly an MRI to check i'm all clear. Luckily for this one, I am getting a general anesthetic, but I told him I cannot stand Klean prep again, and he's suggested to the surgeon whos carrying it out that I have movi prep instead. Is it better than Klean prep?

I haven't had that. Last time I did a Mirilax prep. I took a double dose of laxatives the night before prep. That did half the work. Then I drank a bottle of Mirilax in Gatorade. Not sure if you have Mirilax there but it wasn't as bad as the prescription stuff. I couldn't finish it but the laxatives helped so much that I was clean before I finished it anyway.

The worst part was that I HATE Gatorade. Any other drink and I could have finished it. :-/ Good luck with the movi prep. Hope it's better.

God no!moviprep is the devils brew I would sooner drink cat pee!when are they going to market something that's drinkable without being gaggingly awful

I,ve never had picolax is there less of it to drink?do you just chase it down with lots of water as I suspect I,m due a camera where the sun don,t shine soon and I can,t do movieprep

much less, you only have 2 sachets to take which really didn't taste too bad and definitely do the job. Although the cramping was quite intense with it. Out of interest which hospital do you go to for yours? Is it Monklands?