• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MRE this morning…

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hope it goes well and everything stays in 😂
it did!

interesting preliminary results…..
Area if ileal hypo motility
Evidence of diverticulosis without diverticulitis

3.3 cm left ovarian cyst

and most importantly….
1.2 cm suspected splenic artery aneurysm… I say most importantly because there is a family history (mom) who has one that needed surgical intervention at only 1.5 cm…..

Hope to hear back from the doctor sooner rather than later, but with it being the holidays who knows…..

I’m sure there will be follow up imaging done…..yay lol

I'm glad it went well. Docs are funny with test results.

I usually tell myself that they call sooner when the news is bad.
But I waited 3 weeks after the capsule endoscopy that tipped the scale on the crohn's diagnosis before calling them myself.

I hope the ovarian cyst is asymptomatic. I've had them rupture a few times and I did not enjoy the experience.

Scipio

and most importantly….
1.2 cm suspected splenic artery aneurysm… I say most importantly because there is a family history (mom) who has one that needed surgical intervention at only 1.5 cm…..
Whoa...you better keep an eye on that! I suffered a ruptured splenic artery aneurysm back n 2002, and it almost cost me life. It was all very harrowing. I had an ambulance ride to the ER and I lost over 8 liters of blood - nearly bled out. I ended up with an emergency artery repair and splenectomy once they finally figured out what the problem was. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

1.2 cm is still on the small side - not yet an emergency. But I nevertheless strongly suggest that you not get pregnant again until after the aneurysm has been repaired, because pregnancy is the biggest single risk factor for splenic artery aneurysm rupture due to pressure from the growing fetus. And in case of rupture during pregnancy it almost always costs the life of either the mother, or the baby, or very commonly both.

Last edited:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Whoa...you better keep an eye on that! I suffered a ruptured splenic artery aneurysm back n 2002, and it almost cost me life. It was all very harrowing. I had an ambulance ride to the ER and I lost over 8 liters of blood - nearly bled out. I ended up with an emergency artery repair and splenectomy once they finally figured out what the problem was. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

1.2 cm is still on the small side - not yet an emergency. But I nevertheless strongly suggest that you not get pregnant again until after the aneurysm has been repaired, because pregnancy is the biggest single risk factor for splenic artery aneurysm rupture due to pressure from the growing fetus. And in case of rupture during pregnancy it almost always costs the life of either the mother, or the baby, or very commonly both.
Yikes!!! Well I’m sure glad the got out straightened out!

yes, 1.2 cm is still small, but I’ve been having abdominal discomfort (left upper), nausea, lack of appetite…. All things that makes sense now….

plus, with my moms case, when hers was found it was only 1.5 cm, but due to the shape of it (she’s said it was bumpy?) She was scheduled for urgent intervention only 3 days after it was found….. she had a coil embolization done and has been doing well since.
She also has an aortic aneurysm, I was screened for that back in January 2019 and that came back clear thankfully. Didn’t think to get checked for a splenic one as those are supposedly rare.

oh- and no chance of pregnancy lol…I turned 50 this past July and my husband is ‘fixed’ 😁🙄

Last edited:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm glad it went well. Docs are funny with test results.

I usually tell myself that they call sooner when the news is bad.
But I waited 3 weeks after the capsule endoscopy that tipped the scale on the crohn's diagnosis before calling them myself.

I hope the ovarian cyst is asymptomatic. I've had them rupture a few times and I did not enjoy the experience.
So I emailed my Gyn office on Friday, and they were able to get the results of the MRE sent to them (I STILL haven't heard from the GI office though!) - I called the Gyn office this morning and was able to get scheduled for a 1pm visit for an ultrasound - which is good since I'm still having pain/discomfort in the lower left when sitting or lying on the left side/stomach.

Looks like I've lost another 3-5 lbs too over the last couple weeks.....just not really feeling up to eating and having on/off again nausea. Not enough to actually throw up, just enough to affect my appetite.

So I emailed my Gyn office on Friday, and they were able to get the results of the MRE sent to them (I STILL haven't heard from the GI office though!) - I called the Gyn office this morning and was able to get scheduled for a 1pm visit for an ultrasound - which is good since I'm still having pain/discomfort in the lower left when sitting or lying on the left side/stomach.

Looks like I've lost another 3-5 lbs too over the last couple weeks.....just not really feeling up to eating and having on/off again nausea. Not enough to actually throw up, just enough to affect my appetite.
I hope they can help. Sometimes even ruling things out is helpful.

Female stuff can be so frustrating, because things look different depending on the time of the month.

I'm sorry about the nausea, it's the pits. I keep zofran in my purse for when it gets bad.

I hope you get some answers and feel better soon.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Thanks Paddywack - GYN visit was good, while I do have a cyst, it is 'small' and hopefully will go away - it was actually measured as smaller yesterday than last week so hopefully it is related to cycles...

I have an appointment for Monday afternoon now with Vascular to see about the aneurysm.......

Sucks getting old, but I guess it's better than the alternative!