• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MRSA in wound

September of 2013 I had permanent colostomy. Here I am still packing two wounds on my backside. One is an old fistula and the other is where my rectum was. Each measures 7 cm deep. I had an MRI a couple weeks ago that showed a fluid filled pocket just below my tailbone. They went in an aspirated the fluid and it came back positive for MRSA. Anyone else experience such slow healing?? I guess my real concern is the infection spreading to my bone. This surgery was supposed to make things better..... feeling quite defeated and frustrated right now.... any insight would be helpful! Please!!!!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Sorry to hear this.

Mine took a long time to heal.

How do they treat MRSA?

Sending you my support.

I'm really sorry you're dealing with this! Is there a specialized wound healing service in the hospital you go to or one near by? I've heard that these specialized doctors and nurses know the best techniques to heal wounds quickly. Also is it possible to have an infectious disease doctor consult?

I am taking 2 different antibiotics right now to hopefully clear it up. Yes, my surgeon is at the University of Michigan and there is a wound center there, I will be asking for a referral as I feel I have been patient enough for her to help heal me. Thanks for your input. I appreciate your support.