• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mucous

mucous

I have a quick question and have searched the internet, but can't really find a specific description. Ah, the glory of this board -- no such thing as "TMI". :ycool:

So, I think I've been passing mucous off and on over the last several weeks. I have an appointment with a GI this Thursday, so I'll definitely make sure to ask him, but uh, I guess what I'm trying to understand is what does mucous specifically look like?!? I have clear-ish, white, thick "threads" of discharge in my bm's that seem intertwined. Has anyone experienced mucous that looks similar? :eek2:

I pass a lot of mucous as well...pretty much with every BM. Usually when it comes through my bowel movements it is clear or white and yes, sometimes it is stringing and intertwined, as you describe it. When it comes through my fistula it is usually yellowish or brownish. My GI said that mucous in my BMs could be coming from a number of different things and it isn't generally anything to worry about. Has anyone been told the same thing or something different? I have often wondered about that too.

vshirey317 said:
, I guess what I'm trying to understand is what does mucous specifically look like?!? I have clear-ish, white, thick "threads" of discharge in my bm's that seem intertwined. Has anyone experienced mucous that looks similar? :eek2:
yup yup