• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mucus is really salty

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
i have a anul stump and it has been producing loads of mucus, but for the last week or so the mucus smells really salty. i have not changed meds. any ideas?

salty? i guess i dont really know how salty smells....like the ocean?
hmmm.

has it always been odorless? the mucous that i have to pass smells like.....intestines. lol i mean it doesnt smell bad like poo, but it isnt odorless either.

Nyx

Mine smells likes intestines too! I hadn't been able to put a name to that smell till you just said it kello!

I'm not sure what the salty smell could be...it's not like it could be affected by what you eat since what you eat doesn't make it that far. Hmmmm....might be a question for your doctor.

Sorry this hasn't been helpful!

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
salty as in, if you go near the sea, you can smell the salt, that sort of salty.

so what do intestines smell like then?