• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mucus

Morning friends,

I've been on humira for about 8 months now. Most recent scope still shows a stricture at my terminal ileum. Doc says it's not getting worse, but doesn't appear to be getting better. Have been symptom free for many months but recently am noticing distension and bloating. In the mornings will have a painful bowel movement- not quite diarrhea but the painful ones that make you want to faint lol visible mucus. Colors on the lighter almost gray side. Had some homemade yogurt from a farmers market yesterday - any chance it's the bacterial die off process? Also had a TINY (four bites) mixed green salad last night ( I know probably my own damn fault) but this has happened three other times with the painful bowel movements recently. Could I be flaring again? Even on the humira? Is it worth to call my doc? Maybe a quick bunch of steroids could do the trick. Any thoughts? Does this intermittent pain and bloating happen to anyone else who generally has their symptoms under control. Any diet advice to ride this out? Just when I think everything is cool this will happen for a few days and then pass. Also noticing maybe I have a UTI as well - could this be caused by the humira? Am hearing mixed reviews. Any input would be appreciated :):stinks:

I would call your doctor. Also, it may be possible that the Humira is not working and you might have to ask about another biologic. If you haven't already, you may have to do a food diary to see what foods aggravate your gut. Please let us know how you are doing.

Morning friends,

I've been on humira for about 8 months now. Most recent scope still shows a stricture at my terminal ileum. Doc says it's not getting worse, but doesn't appear to be getting better. Have been symptom free for many months but recently am noticing distension and bloating. In the mornings will have a painful bowel movement- not quite diarrhea but the painful ones that make you want to faint lol visible mucus. Colors on the lighter almost gray side. Had some homemade yogurt from a farmers market yesterday - any chance it's the bacterial die off process? Also had a TINY (four bites) mixed green salad last night ( I know probably my own damn fault) but this has happened three other times with the painful bowel movements recently. Could I be flaring again? Even on the humira? Is it worth to call my doc? Maybe a quick bunch of steroids could do the trick. Any thoughts? Does this intermittent pain and bloating happen to anyone else who generally has their symptoms under control. Any diet advice to ride this out? Just when I think everything is cool this will happen for a few days and then pass. Also noticing maybe I have a UTI as well - could this be caused by the humira? Am hearing mixed reviews. Any input would be appreciated :):stinks:
I would call your doctor - with strictures, you don't want to take any chances!