• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Muscle soreness

Does anyone experience full body muscle soreness. I’ve just started having the odd day where everything hurts...right down to the ear lobes lol. There is no change in diet and my activity level is consistent. Is feeling like you’ve been hit by a truck a common symptom or as I’m hoping just a coincidence. Things have been a little more stressful lately so maybe just my body telling me something. Any thoughts?

Does anyone experience full body muscle soreness. I’ve just started having the odd day where everything hurts...right down to the ear lobes lol. There is no change in diet and my activity level is consistent. Is feeling like you’ve been hit by a truck a common symptom or as I’m hoping just a coincidence. Things have been a little more stressful lately so maybe just my body telling me something. Any thoughts?
I understand and I'm in the same boat. I take 100mg of tramadol when I wake up. 30 minutes later I'm good to go. I also take a turmeric supplement before bed. It helps.

Thanks. Yes I am a big fan of turmeric. Add it to my shakes, teff breakfast cereal (same consistency as cream of wheat, but gluten free and descent iron and protein). Also big on ginger and cinnamon as everyday staples.
Yes I originally thought I might be getting sick. Hubby always tease me that I never get sick and it true, I very rarely succumb to colds and flues. I’m hoping that is all it was my body fighting back.
I will keep closer tract to future episodes.

I think I've just had this issue myself. Woke up suddenly in the night and my entire body from the neck downwards was in significant pain, it has kept me awake all night and the pain is starting to dull down now. I'm undiagnosed but pretty sure I'm having an issue with gluten, meal last night contained wheat flour so I wonder if certain foods can cause muscular pain that isn't isolated to the stomach.

I think I've just had this issue myself. Woke up suddenly in the night and my entire body from the neck downwards was in significant pain, it has kept me awake all night and the pain is starting to dull down now. I'm undiagnosed but pretty sure I'm having an issue with gluten, meal last night contained wheat flour so I wonder if certain foods can cause muscular pain that isn't isolated to the stomach.
I have that a lot. I have to take many different supplements. Tumuric is great for inflammation. I was told due to my severity of Crohn's that I'm not absorbing vitamins and minerals properly. Calcium and vitamin D also help with muscle soreness.

I certainly do not envy you if this is something you regularly deal with :( I've read good things about tumeric, I have been taking a tumeric and black pepper supplement each morning, hopefully that will help, I'm going to start taking a complete multivitamin too.

Do you take any painkillers for the muscle soreness? Or just try to make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D?

I certainly do not envy you if this is something you regularly deal with :( I've read good things about tumeric, I have been taking a tumeric and black pepper supplement each morning, hopefully that will help, I'm going to start taking a complete multivitamin too.

Do you take any painkillers for the muscle soreness? Or just try to make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D?
I take 50mg tramadol. 1 in the morning and 1 at night but on bad days it's 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I've never heard of black pepper supplement. I'll have to try that.

I am getting back in the habit of taking my b12 and vit. D daily. I tend to slack off/forget when everything is going well. I’ve been doing some realignment routines to rebalance the pelvis area. When I went to a naturopath/Body mechanic last year and she said it is common for low back pain in people who have had surgery as the bowel adheres to the back. I am wondering if that is pulling me out of alignment as the rest of my body compensates. As far as the full body pain, haven’t had a recent episode. Trying to keep on track over the holidays. Everything is related somehow just trying to connect the dots.

I take 50mg tramadol. 1 in the morning and 1 at night but on bad days it's 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I've never heard of black pepper supplement. I'll have to try that.
The black pepper I have is within the tumeric, as it's supposed to increase it's bioavailability, each capsule is 1500mg tumeric powder and 15mg black pepper

is it defiantly muscle soreness or is their joint pain also?

iv have a mix of things under the bracket of IBD, i get muscle soreness from time to time. i find the keeping active and strengthening the joints and muscles helps minimise pain.

Would also suggest looking at your eating habbits, putting less strain on your system would make your body more efficient at absorbing the nutrients it needs to function optimally.