• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Muscles on Azathioprine

I have always been into fitness but it's either I am skinny-fat (Flare and no nutrition absorption) or I am outright fat (Thanks to steroids). Other than my weight, my body is pretty good from an athletic perspective.

For the first time in my life, I have been put on Azathioprine (Azamun) 50mg and being tapered of prednisone. Out of curiosity, I would like to know if this is able to get my disease under control and with my knowledge about diet/nutrition for adding muscles, would I be able to put on muscle?

Reason I am asking is that when I am on steroids, I put on both fat and muscles (mostly fat since I can't really get a great workout due to the fatigue) or I get pretty lean when I come off steroids and resume my usual workout. I have been on this never-ending cycle 3 times.