• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My 15month old might have crohns

my 15month old might have crohns

Hi im new here, i joined to find out more about crohns as my sweet baby girl who is only 15months old is showing signs for crohns.
well the past nearly 5 months she has had constant diarrhea 12 to 15 times a day,pains which she will scream for hours and has now started with bloody stools, im so stressed as her pead didnt want to listern and kept phobbing me off. so gp sent me for 2nd opion, which now we are waiting to see gastro at end of august.
it has been along battle and it is not over yet, i just feel so alone, i dont know where to start, or where to get help.
Please if you have any advice or would like to share your experience i would be greatfull.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Until you get to see the GI, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe kick and scream to get the GI appt. sooner. A month is too long to let that baby suffer. Don't let them blow you off mom. Go kick some arse!!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Where are you located? If you can give us this information there may be someone on here that is familiar with your area and can better advise about GI's there.

Are you seeing a paediatric GI?

Is it possible to present at the casualty of a Children's Hospital?

Dusty. :)

Hi im in uk north west, the appointment with the gastro is with a kids gastro doc, we went to casulty with her on sunday as she stated bleeding and was given strong pain relief and was sent home.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Amirah, what did they prescribe for pain? It seems kind of risky, not knowing what is going on with her bleeding. If that persists, please don't wait til the gi appt to get answers.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Do you think it might be worth getting to a dedicated children's hospital or is that where you went?

Chrismac

Best of British
Seriously, fight for it. Nothing is more important, especially when she can't tell you what's wrong. Being mis-diagnosed and given the wrong thing is just awful, I've seen so many people that get prescribed the wrong medication. Man, reading your post brings tears to my eyes, no child should suffer this. It might be a hard slog but keep at it.

I respect our medical system but I feel so strongly about doctors who don't listen and don't consider all the options..

she was given codine syrup high dose which tends to make her sleep alot but doesnt really get rid of the pain.
im just at my whits end, im so tired.we did take her to childrens hospital which at a&e they just take one look and say she been here so many times its just another symptom.u cant belive how it make me feel i cant do anything for her and i wish it was me that was going through this. sorry teaRS are flooding

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh, I don't know what else to say. Can you ring the GI's office and explain how serious it is and that you are desperate to get her in ASAP?

Dallies

Dragonfly
Contact the hospital and ask for a fast-track appointment, hopefully she will be soon very quickly.