• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My 2 yrs old

My 2 yrs old with pancolitis

My 2 yrs old little girl has just been diagnosed with pancolitis. My husband & I found out recently on May 12, 2015. I didn't understand what it was until the doctor sat us down & discuss it with us. I cried my eyes out. My daughter was hospitalized for the first time on May 8th 2015. I rushed her to emergency after i noticed lots of blood when I wipe her. I freaked out. It was like a girl on 2nd day period which is the heaviest.

In the hospital they ran all these test on her. I cried my eyes out when they first thought it was meckels & if she does have it she will require surgery. Even the surgery doctor came to see me before the results are out! Results negative. But later she had a colonocopy is when they would find out the truth.

I was told she has the worse of all. Pancolitis. Affects all her big intestine. She will be on meds for life. No cure. Expect severe stomachache in the future & bleeding. Watch out if she's fragile due to low in iron. Will be taking iron & steroids for life. & much more.

I had to sit there & digest everything the doctor said to me. I had to pinch myself to see of it was all a dream.

My daughter is very very energetic as of today. She is taking her meds everyday & I have to mix it into her chocolate milk so she doesn't notice the iron. She is still bleeding whenever she goes potty. I'm so worried & this is my only child. I found this forum from Google hoping to find other people with this to help me out throughout my daughter's life.

Last edited: