• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Butt Hurts!! (TMI!!)

It feels like "something" is in there and it hurts when I poo and I did the nasty in the back door the other night and I wanted to cry. I guess I should go get a mirror and look down there. Siiiigggghhhh. =(

If it's a lump of reddish/bloody skin, probably a hemmie. Could also be developing an abscess. Doing the "nasty" back there could cause tearing as well, this in-turn allows all the nasty bacteria to get into the tear and cause infection. If it gets too painful, go to doc/ER and get it checked out. I went to ER with a perianal abscess a couple of months ago. I probably let it go too long because I was embarrassed a bit. Everyone treated me with respect. This is not as uncommon as one might expect. It's just no one ever talks about it. Not many people I know, know about the extra hole I got next to the one God gave me. Oh yeah, and that it leaks poopy juice constantly. If it bothers you too much, get your arse to the doc and get something to help with the pain.

Wow, after being on this board for only a day I am realizing people are pretty blunt and open about what they have going on. However, I agree with rottengut, probably a hemorrhoid which could have been agitated by the anal. Just keep an eye on it.

I don't know whose idea the backdoor sex was - you, or your BF / hubby, but I think it's time to give that up! :) That and Crohn's probably don't mix too well.
Hope you feel better soon!

Hey, I put a warning in the thread title. ;) Lol.

Do these things go away on their own after a period of time or....??

if it is an Abscess or fistula developing it will not go away on its own. And those can get dangerous if left untreated. A Hemmy should be looked at too.. Sorry doll, i'm gonna be the one that says... ya gotta go to the Doc this time.

I've had an abscess/mass/fistula in that area.. it can be VERY painful! and if it is that and it keeps growing inside you.. it's like trapped bacteria.. that keeps multiplying.. which = dangerous for you..

Hope u get to feeling better!

Reminds me of something my grandmother once told me - "just because its a hole doesn't mean you have to stick something in it."