• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My case History

I Bishnu Prasasd Acharya was diognosed with crohn's disease and I have been using pentasa500mg4 cap 2 times a d ay nexium40 mg 1cap 2 times a day metronidazole250mg 1tab 3 times a day diovan80mg 1 tab a day and ativan 1mg as needed for 16months. digestive system has improving and bowel movements has come down to 2 times from 7-8 times. But body pains leg pains have appeared. whether it is the side effect of taking medications or new problems. kindly share to me in this regard. Burping,Belching and burning are still persistent. some time I feel some uneasyness on my chest due to gas reflux.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello Bishnu and Welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear that your starting to feel better! In regards to the body and leg pains, does it feel more muscular or is it like joint pain? If you are still having discomfort with the reflux, I would speak to your doctor about it, he my be able to up the dosage or try something else.
Do you know where your Crohn's is located?

Hi bishnu,
Welcome to the forum.
It is very important that you speak with your doc about what you're feeling. They need to reevaluate your meds.
Hope the best for you! Keep us updated. -hugs-

KWalker

Welcome to the forum bishnu! I too am glad to hear your digestive problems seem to be getting better, but sorry about the leg pains :( It seems like many members of the forum have troubles with gas, burping and acid reflux. Unfortunately I don't have any advice to give you in regards to that but I'm sure somebody can chime in to give their experience and I hope you continue to have success with your digestion :)

Does the leg pain feel like Restless Leg Syndrome?

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum:)

I agree that you should speak to your doctor about the heartburn and burping as you are already taking Nexium. He should run some additional tests to see what is causing this.

About the leg pains - it could be, as mentioned due to some of the meds you are taking, but it could also be related to vitamin deficiency which is very common with crohns. If you are low in B12 for example, you would get leg pains. Ask your doctor to check your blood levels for vitamin defciiency.

Please let us know what the cause is when you find out.

nativesith

GTA ModLeader Psx-Scene
This is all very informative and useful information. I am anemic taking B12 and I too have muscle cramps or pain all the time and guess what I have to take everyday? Diovan 12.5 mg's I take it in the morning first thing. That is when I feel the worst...nasua, pain, cramps etc.
That is the one med they stress I must take everyday because of my high blood pressure(and also having a heart attack). I knew one of the pills I have to take was making it worse. I learned soo much in my short time here.
I wished I found this site a long time ago.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, your all angels.
Thanks for letting us all know:).

You are so welcome. We are happy you could join us:)

Maybe not a bad idea to ask your doctor to include lab work to see if you have pernicious anemia. This condition would explain the leg cramps and upper GI issues. If u have this, you would not be able to absorb B12 orally. It would have to be injected. Untreated pernicious anemia would also cause heart problems, so it would be good just to make absolutely sure you don't have it. Don't worry it's nothing serious as long as u get your B12 shots. Untreated it is dangerous.

nativesith

GTA ModLeader Psx-Scene
I most definitely will do that. I have a appt with a really good doctor on Jan 4th. I seen em in the ER where he suspected I have crohn's or ulcerative colitis. He booked a Colonoscopy and scope is on Dec 27th. Pain has been for over five years. I seen blood in the toilet almost my whole life.
Thanks and sorry for high jacking the thread.

I'm sorry it took so long for someone to take a closer look at what might be causing your health problems! Please let me know what the colonoscopy reveals. I hope it goes well.

Dear all friends at crohn's forum

I am so happy for your sharing to my problems and pains. I Bishnu Prasad Acharya ,age 64 came to usa from overseas Nepal 2years ago. I am a jobless and uninsured person. I have been suffering from stomach pains for last many years. I came here in hope of best treatment. But the situation didn't favour me. we people couldn't be affordable for treatment. I became hopeless and despressed. As saying "When there is a will there is a way." believing in God, we tried in search of charity organisation. In course of time we found Care ring and Medassist. These organisations are helping me for my treatment I have no words to express my indebtedness to these benevolent organisations. They are my Gods which gave me an energy and hope to live my life. I was diaognosed with crohn/s disease on 08/03/2011 after colonoscopy and endoscopy done.( Reports say:- burning reflux, chronic gastritis, crohn's iletis, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, RLQ abdominal Pain). Care ring in Charlotte has provided me reachout program to visit doctors. Every tests are provided to me with a nominal charge.Medassist in charlotte has provided me medications without any charge. I currently are taking pentasa 500mg 4 cap 2 times a day, Nexium40mg 1 cap 2 times a day metronidazole250mg 1tab 3 times a day. diovan80mg 1 tab a day and ativan 1mg 1 tab as needed. I have felt a bit better in my digestive system.after taking prescribed medications. Now I am in search of my community and charity organisation which can help me and sharing to me. I also introduce myself as a greencard holder of usa. Now I am going to open my heart frankly. I have got some treatments and medications in this beautiful country by the help of certain charitable organisations like CareRing and Medassist.They are my godfathers. Because of uninsured situation I have to wait for appointment with gastroentrologist or expert long. I cann't make early appointment as I needed. So I have to live my life in agony. while I got pain or need to visit doctors,I cann't do it then and there.This is my real situation. I am in search of such charitable organisations or people which can help me for my early check up and tests as needed. Otherside I also want to make network of community in which we can share problems and pains each other. I am not full informative about such matters. I hope and sure that you would be responsive in this regard. I hope ,I surely get more information about it from you on the ground of humanity. I am looking forward to hearing you soon.

Best regards

Bishnu Prasad Acharya

dear mam

I could not understand about concern 411. could u please clear me about which can help me to reach my ambition.

I am happy to hear you have received medical attention and are now on the right medication. If these medications do not help enough, perhaps ask your dr for Remicade. I know u would like to see dr sooner. Where do you live?

Is there anyone from the Charlotte, NC area who can offer any advice? Is there a NC federal assistance program there? Over in Texas we have the Texas Risk Pool which offers regular medical insurance to patients if they have an illness on their list, and crohns is one of them.

Bishnu,
Concern411 is another member of the forum. They might be able to direct you to medical assistance programs in your area, if there is any. You just need to search concern411 and ask their advice.

I have requestes all friends about me and my problems. unfortunately I could not get right information. Are there any charity organisations or people in Charlotte NC who can help to advise me Thanks all
Best regards
Bishnu Prasad Acharya

Bishnu,
Have you tried to speak with state organizations for help? They might be able to help you or find someone whom can. Good luck!

I agree. You need to look into what your state offers for medical insurance plans to people with chronic illness. I am only familiar with what my state offers - and each state is different. You should give them a call and ask them.

dear all
I have not got concrete information about charity organisations. I just in confusion what should I do what should I don't do. can anyone provide me clear information what i needed.

Hi Bishnu, so sorry for all you are going through. The forum isn't set up to know what states have charity organizations. You would need to contact Depart of Human Resources Division and Health services for your state and see if they have any help available. Some of the larger hospitals have charity funds as well for patients receiving services at their hospital. You may also check with the County Health Department in your county to see what services they may provide.

Now Dr. Gordan has prescribed me predisone 10mg 1 tab thrice a day. This medication has lessen my stomach pain a bit . He is going to prescribe some further tests. I hope I would get better treatment. Currently, I am taking pentasa, nexiam, predisone, diovan(bp) and supplement.

after taking prednisone , I have felt a bit burning sensation in my urinal track. Is it sideeffect of this taking medications? other side it has given me a bit improvement in crohn's disease. All symptoms related to stomach pains have lowered a bit. I had urine infection before. After taking finesteriod it was disappeared . Now it had relapsed.

Now I am taking entocort ec 3mg 3 cap a day. I have taken it one month. But pain is not reducing. my doctor had given me sample medications for one month. doctor says that it must me taken for 2 months and after 2months reducing dose 2 cap should be taken for another 2 months. But I have no source and cann't obtain fund for this medications. I just am requesting all for help to get medications. I am staying to depend on God.