• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My colonoscopy report

COLONOSCOPY FINDINGS : P/R very tender. There is nodularity of ileal mucosa with severe inflammation with groups of ulcers present here - bx for AFB stain, TB PCR and histopathology taken. Cecum and ileocecal folds are inflamed - bx taken. The rest of colon upto rectum is inflamed in patches. Rectum is very inflamed. Retroflexion revealed one internal hemorrhoid.

IMPRESSION : * ? Crohn's disease

I want to know from you friends why this question mark before my Crohn's disease. Is it sure a case of Crohn's disease? Is it very major form of the disease?

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Asish
Looks as if it might be crohn's but the results of the biopsies are needed before a final diagnosis can be made.
There are other things that might be present so your GI is doing the right thing with the query.
Once the lab reports are available then a diagnosis can be made.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

What Trysha said.

Pathologist must weigh in on mucosal structural changes typical of Crohn's.

but it sounds like you must be in a lot of pain. Hope they get you on something to help real soon.
No i am not at all in pain:) Not even a bit. The only problem i face is passing stool conveniently. Havt to take bathroom stops for 4 to 5 times a day. I have a very good appetite:) I don't pass blood but mucus is there but not that much. Gastric trouble a bit. Other than this i've no other problem :)

It's remarkable what causes one person pain and not another.

Well, take it from me, if you have Crohn's you are pretty sick even if you generally feel OK. The doctor is likely to prescribe medications like 6-MP to treat you but I'm getting ahead of myself. Wait for the diagnosis and your doctor's recommendations.