• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohnie Story

Hi. I'm new to this forum so I'm having a nose around.

A little info about me. I was diagnosed in February 2005 but I suspect I had it a lot longer than that. I've had 1 surgery (June 2005) and have been pretty ok since then.

The only meds I'm on now is Questran. 1 sachet a day seems to do the job.

Anyway. I've not been well today, hence the forum search, so that's why I'm here :)

Hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please excuse any gibberish :)

Thanks for the welcome. I ate more yesterday and feel a little better today :)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: Definetly have a good nosy around and there is a lot of helpful info and advice here. If you don't mind me asking what op did you have to have?

Glad to see you here and I hope you can be feeling fully well again soon.

AB
xx

Questron was my 2nd med
it worked fine for a resection for almost 5 years
it took about 2 month's to figure the dosing
Small food intake took 1/2 Packets -- On upto a Full packet
Plus 4-6 Hours all meds Bind to Questron as well as Fat..!
Good Luck

Hi all. I'm feeling much better now so thanks x

The surgery I had was a bowel resection and they took out about a foot of intestines. I have a 6 inch vertical scar :(

They prescribed questran straight after the surgery but I hated it! I literally couldn't drink it so stated "I'd rather have D" - so I did! For about a year after. Then I tried it again with cranberry juice and you can't taste it! I have 1 sachet a day but am prescribed 2 but 1 does the job.

My flare up this time I think may be stress related. It started as usual with temperature drop then rise! Anyone else get this?

Anyway I ate 2 normal meals yesterday and feel way better today :)

Btw I have reported "moviefiona" as they have posted the same cr@p on every thread. Idiot!

Specific as in named - no sorry. But I can point to the bit!!! I still have my X-ray from when I had barium to diagnose it. It is at the bottom on the right - a virtual section I think. Wish I could describe it more efficiently! Ooh maybe I'll take a photo of the X-ray?

David

Co-Founder
My guess is that you had by of your terminal ileum removed, maybe your ileocecal valve, and maybe your cecum. Those are the most common and in the area you allude to. The reason I was curious if the terminal ileum is where vitamin B12 is absorbed. Have you had your levels checked recently?

No but I do keep reading on here about getting that checked!? I will ask my doctor next time - thanks :)

Ok. So I'm up at 3.40 am. Just had to run to the toilet and had D and threw up at the same time!!!

Anyone else up I wonder?

Off work again today!

Have doc appt at 12.25 and gonna ask about the B12 think while I'm there

I am not sure this is Crohns related like last week. This feels more like a sickness bug? Last week was classic Crohns with temp rises and tiredness etc but I feel ok now like its gastroenteritis!

Doc said this is a virus so that's good (I think). I did however ask for the B12 test and she ordered it plus added a full list of tests to it so I now have that to look forward to. :)

Hi. I'm back. I was away so haven't been posting at all. Went to Amsterdam and it was lovely.

I did however have my blood test so I'll find out about the B12 when I see the doc next :)

We are looking to move and I'm now stressing cos atm we have 2 toilets and the place we are looking at only has 1. There's only me and hubby but I just worry about what if I need the loo and he's in there :( I'm sure I'm just stressing for no reason but stressing I am!

Anyway. I was well while away and ate a lot so that's good too.

Anyway. Hi to anyone actually reading my waffle x

Hi. Just to update. The house that we went for fell through so we moved a few days ago ant we have 2 toilets :)
Its a bit of a relief. Also my Crohns has been flaring due to surviving on take away food and hubby packing all my questran! I'm ok now.

Also I got my blood test results and B12 and everything else was all good! So that's something :)

Anyway, I'll pop back when I'm settled and unpacked :)

They've changed the toilet paper at work :(

You pull the paper out of a teeny hole and it comes out all crumpled - 1 sheet that is. 1 sheet. So as you can guess - its upset me! Am I totally over reacting?

When I had to meet HR about my level of sick leave they asked if they could do anything to make things easier. I answered jokingly that my own loo would be great! Now I'd settle for my own loo roll holder

Rant over. Thanks if you're still reading.