• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's and me

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2012. Before the diagnosis I suffered from bad diarrhea and pain. I got pentasa and entocort as medication and everything went pretty well.
In April my situation got worse, I had bad pain in my stomach, couldn't find a position to sleep at night. It felt like my belly was full of food and it looked like there was a baby in me. :D
But my gastroenterologist didn't seem to take me seriously, that's why I went so a special hospital for a better treatment.
So next week I have a medical exam that is called "MR Sellink" (something like a MRT) and a colonoscopy. I'm very happy and look forward to these tests. The doctor said that my medication is not right for my problems and he thinks about immunosuppressives. :O
This scares me because I finish my studies this year and really want to be able to work in a "normal" job!

But I'm really thankful for the normal health-insurance here in Germany. :)

In the last few days I have many problems with my arms and legs. I have a short sharp pain in e.g. my knee, ankles, arms or in my shinbones. I thought about arthrosis but this would only affect the joints and not the bones..:confused:

I hope you understand me, English is not my first language! :ghug:

It is common to have inflammation in other parts of your body. I experienced pain in my joints especially my knees. Hopefully Thayer will find some answers for you and you can get on the medication you need. Good luck to you.

Hi. I am sorry you are going though this and it is very frustrating. But in there is inflammation then it affects everywhere really.. The big joints are my issues when I am having a problem. Like my knees and hips hurt bad.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
My daughter has many of your similar symptoms. She is on an immunomodulator and it is working well for her, but it took about a month (and up to 6 months for some people). As her tummy symptoms got settled down, her joint pains went away as well. I think the test you are having is what we call the MRE.