• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's Journey + Looking for pen pal!

Hello!
I'm Abigail and I'm 15.
I have suffered with Crohn's symptoms since I can remember, but they were diagnosed as IBS, and when the IBS medication didn't work I was discharged anyway and left to deal with my 'IBS' on my own.
Fast forward to summer 2015 and I have abdominal pains, nausea, fatigue and temperature for a week and a half, when I decide to finally get it checked out. I'm referred to the hospital immediately, where they discover a perforated appendix, which subsequently was removed. Upon inspection of the appendix, the doctors discovered that an outside source had caused the appendix to perforate. Lots of blood tests, scans, appointments and referrals ensued.
An endoscopy finally settled it: I have Crohn's. My inflamed clump of bowel caused my appendix to burst. The day of my endoscopy I was started on a 6 week course of Modulen, followed by an operation to remove part of the bowel in December, followed by being admitted to hospital a couple of weeks later, and then another 6 weeks of Modulen.
Now I am pretty much in remission, but still suffer with occasional symptoms including fatigue.

I am looking for someone to talk to who is around my age and has IBD, as even though I am (sort of) in remission, the disease can still get me down, and it'd be nice to talk to someone who understands.

I enjoy reading, cycling (although I had to put it on hold for a while due to my Crohn's), playing guitar, and listening to music. In September I will be starting my A levels in maths, further maths, physics and psychology.

If you, or anyone you know, are/is interested in being a pen pal, please PM me :)

I wish you all a good day! :ghug:

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. We have a great section under the Support Forum called Teens Only.