• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's Saga

Way back in 1976 I was diagnosed having grandulomatus colitis but Crohn's was eventually settled on. Over the years I have run the gamut of symptoms, medicines, fistulas, and:) 8 operations culminating in an ostomy about 20 years ago. I have done very well with it. Now my symptoms have returned and I have become too dependent on Prednisone so I started Humira yesterday! I am hopeful and impatient to see how I will do. I am a success story in many ways!

Hello Margaret and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that Crohn's has reared its ugly head again. Hopefully the Humira will work fast. Have you checked out the treatment section yet? There's a lot of useful information here. :ghug:

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I hope the humira works well for you and gets you feeling more like yourself. We have a great treatment section here with a subsection for humira, which you might want to have a read through.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience to share and will be a great addition to our community :) . I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Hello Margaret.

I was diagnosed with CD in 1970. 9 resections, fistulas etc. Then it went away.

It's back now and I fear with a vengeance.

I started Humira 8 weeks ago. I have had some improvement so I hope for more in the days ahead.

I wish you well with your treatments. Hope you and me shake the bogeyman for a bit longer.

Best,
Miles

I am glad the Humira seems to be working for you. Thank you for sharing your story. Sometimes I think I am going crazy and it is hard to describe just WHAT my symptoms are- but they are depressingly familiar- but confusing because of the ostomy too.
I haven't had any imaging done though and I wonder if I should get "scoped"... Anyway it is good to hear from everyone!