• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's story :)

I am fourteen years old and I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in November of 2013 (just last year). It was really hard for me in the beginning to understand and accept the fact that I had this disease. I didn't want to be some 'diseased girl'. I couldn't comprehend how I could have possibly had this happen to me. I soon realized that it wasn't my fault. Now that it has been a full year since my diagnosis, I have learned to accept it and move forward without letting my disease identify me. I'm excited to join this forum to hear from other people that are dealing with the same type of things, because I have yet to meet another person that has Crohn's disease. :smile:

afidz

Super Moderator
Welcome!
I am glad you aren't letting it bring you down. I feel like the sooner you come to terms and start fighting, the better. How have you been feeling Crohn's wise?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

You've got a great attitude. Are you on any maitinance meds?

Sending you my support.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome
I was also diagnosed last November.Time flies when you are having fun,right? So glad to hear your positive approach.We are so much more than the disease we are afflicted with.Lots of good people here on the forum and I am glad you joined.

Welcome! Like others, I applaud your attitude! It gets tough sometimes, but there IS treatment available. With a strong support system (here and in real life) you'll do great! Along the way, people won't understand this disease, and that's OK. Educate those you care about, and that care about you and that will make a world of difference. Never let anyone make you feel bad if you can't do something because you are 'sick' (or having an episode as I call them). That was the hardest part for me: not getting down when other people thought I was making excuses for not doing something. Be knowledgeable for yourself first, and take care of yourself first. Everyone else is secondary. Good luck to you and please do stay active here!