• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My daughters story

Hi, my daughter is nearly 4 years old and has been having
Very serve diarrhea,tummy pain and knee pain also when
Her symptoms are really bad she passes a lot of blood.
She was supposed to have a colonoscopy dec 13th but unfortunately
Had to cancel it because she had bad reaction to bowel
Prep( sodium picosulphate elixar), her next on is scheduled for
In 3 weeks time and I'm worried that she will get same reaction.
At the moment she is having a lot of symptoms diarrhea 10times
Aday(she still i nappies cos of this) isn't eating, weight loss
And no energy,.im not sure if this is caused by ulcerative
Colitis as what the GI doctor thinks it is,all I know is at the
Moment she need to give her body a rest.
Any help or advise would be so greatful and thankyou
For reading

Hi Danny's mom
Thankyou for the reply and welcome,
I will try and find my way there soon.
At the moment I'm waiting for her GI
Doctor to return my call.
Can anyone answer this? If you are going
10plus diarrhea nappies a day can u be
Dehydrated without show much sign of being?
Also what are the signs of dehydration?
Thanks

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry your daughter is not well and you had to find our forum. But this place is an amazing support. I would second dannysmom and ask you to check our parenting forum http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49 there are lots of parents there, who could give you support and answer your questions.
As for the dehydration, is she still drinking? Try to stay away from pop, and juice with sugar. Offer her water, pedialyte or gatorade.
Signs of dehydration ..
•dry or sticky mouth
•few or no tears when crying
•eyes that look sunken into the head
•soft spot (fontanelle) on top of baby's head that looks sunken
•lack of urine or wet diapers for 6 to 8 hours in an infant (or only a very small amount of dark yellow urine)
•lack of urine for 12 hours in an older child (or only a very small amount of dark yellow urine)
•dry, cool skin
•lethargy or irritability
•fatigue or dizziness in an older child
I hope you hear from the doctor soon and your daughter gets some relief.
Good luck! (((hugs)))

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear about your precious baby. Dehydration is definitely a concern and she could be mildly dehydrated and not show symptoms. Another concern would be her electrolyte balance for things such as potassium and magnesium. Have she had her levels checked recently?

I hope the dr calls you back soon. Do they have her on any medication to help with her symptoms? Also I would like to mention that a prep many people have said was easily tolerated is mirlax mixed with Gatorade. I do not know what the dosage would be for a 4 year old but you might want to mention it to her dr to see if this is an option.

I hope you get some answers and your baby gets some relief soon.